I have been at my new job for three weeks now. It is amazing. At first, it was like culture shock. Weird, since I didn't take a job in South America, or Haiti. Just not in a hospital. Not understaffed. Not overworked. No crabby, grumpy, complaining people! And I love it. I get to take care of people. I get to make their surgical experience better, and just focus on nursing. Not politics or red tape. Just nursing. And on top of all that, they keep sending us home early with pay! Thank you Jesus!
The school year is well underway and we are finally adjusting with schedules. I am trying to be more organized each week. I have this giant corkboard in the kitchen (household headquarters it seems!), and it is divided up for each child and holds artwork. The bottom has a file folder for each school kid with papers in it that we need (permission slips, book orders, etc), and the top has a dry erase board for each school kid for jotting notes. (I added the dry erase this week!) Getting better. David is starting to really get a hang of the reading bit, and Andrew has almost mastered all his letters. I'm so proud of my little students!!
My Bella is talking so much! Yesterday she was saying "love you" and she says "nite nite" and "bye bye" . She is also fond of "no" and finally can say a name for Andrew (he is delighted!) "Droo". Yesterday Andrew and Bella and I got out the Fisher Price Little People bin and sat down and just played in the floor together. It was so neat because she is finally big enough to really play with us! I loved every minute of it! It was just like when David and Andrew were both at home all day with me. I am so glad we had our children close together!
Lastly, we have started the last remodel room! Demo took us two weekends, and it was a lot of work. Tomorrow Joe will run the plumbing! I can't wait til it's done! I have the furniture all picked out!!
| our beautiful fall tree in the backyard! |
No comments:
Post a Comment