Saturday, June 26, 2010

The Best Birthday Ever!!

Yesterday, I tuned thirty-one years young, and I must say, I think it was the best birthday yet. I woke up to little David and Andrew telling me "Happy birthday, Mommy" every time I opened my sleep-filled eyes. Then, we went to the closing of our Ashley house! Finally sold! What an amazing blessing, and a huge answer to prayer!  That by itself would've made my day, but that was just the beginning.  Joe set up 2.5 hours at the salon for me and took the afternoon off work to care for the  kids, while I had a haircut, highlights, and a manicure!  Then  I came home to a boquet of flowers from Joe and my wonderful mom (who 31 years ago endured 36 hours of labor with NO pain medication!!) took care of the kids for the evening while Joe and I had dinner at the Hill and went to an amazing Chris Tomlin/Tobymac concert at DTE!  We hadn't been to a concert in six years so it was so awesome, and the worship was sooooo good.   What a blessing to praise the Lord with the love of my life and like a thousand brothers and sisters!  Besides all of that all the birthday phone calls and texts and facebook messages and gifts from my wonderful family were so sweet.  I am so blessed and thankful for the year that has past and for a great start to this one!
My favorite worship song!! It was the first song that started when we reached our seats! I was soooo glad to be there for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment