Friday, June 18, 2010

Reading Lessons!

Well, it's summer! Time for more...school :) No, not really, but I am trying to be very intentional about keeping the education going this summer as Andrew will be starting preschool and David full day (eek!) kindergarten in the fall.  So, we are doing these awesome handwriting flashcards with puzzles on them that David got for his birthday (thanks Meriweathers! :) and some activity books, and my modified version of "Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons"...and today just kinda ended up doing the "at" words and whoa! The boys were both READING!! Sounding out words, phonetically ! Yippee! I am not sure which of us was more excited (Andrew was pretty over the top :) but I am still geeked and it's 10:30 at night.  Who says learning isn't fun?? I'm so excited about this summer!  Not just the reading, the pool and the sun and all too!

No comments:

Post a Comment