Friday, December 10, 2010

First Amini Report Card Arrives

Today is a little bit of a milestone for our family.  Today, our first child brought home their first report card. I didn't think it would be such a big deal to me.  In fact, I actually forgot it was coming home today....but somehow it's a bigger deal than I expected.  I remember my first report card in Kindergarten.  Now, I have a very OCD personality and have always been very achievement-oriented, so possibly that's why that memory sticks out to me (especially since my memory is awful!).   Somehow, my baby bringing home a report card makes me wonder, "How did we get here?"  He was just born.  I was up all night nursing just yesterday.  He just learned to crawl....a report card? Really? Is he old enough for another adult to tell me how he is doing?  To get marks and comments?  Well, no matter whether I believe it or not, it's true. It's here. It's on the counter.  And it's full of good news.  David's doing great in kindergarten.  It's just his mommy who has to learn to let go.....

No comments:

Post a Comment