Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Soak It Up

While I was delivering our little Bella, the song , "Soak it up" by Warren Barfield was playing in my mind.

The chorus goes

Oh and the days go by so fast
And the memories they never seem to last
And I'm quick to see all I don't have
I need to change the way I look at all I look at
And soak it up, every little bit I can
Enjoy all my days, before all my days end
And whatever I get always let that be enough
And never forget to soak it up

Cause I can get caught up in this crazy race....

No I'd rather be living every second, living every minute of every single day!

Whenever I think about my birth experience with Bella (not the best on my end as you may have heard :(  ) I think of this song, and I can totally tend to overspiritualize things, but it was really like the Lord speaking to me in that Operating Room, to soak up all the joys in life, to live with my eyes open, my heart open, my arms open.  The other day this song was playing on my Ipod and I grabbed Bella and told her that this is the song I was singing in my heart when she was being born, and we danced around the kitchen.  She won't remember that dance, but I will never forget it.


No comments:

Post a Comment