I love summer. I love it that it's warm. I love it that we can swim so much. I love it that my garden is so beautiful. I looooove it that my kids don't have to go to school so we can spend oodles of time together. And I especially love summer weekends, because I pack them to the brim with family fun, and I have a very....accomodating....husband who has come to embrace my inability to sit still longer than ten minutes and lets me keep us moving. Today was one of those weekend days :) We did chores in the morning (I finished staining our fence :) and then at noon Joe came home from work and we all headed to the community park for our City Picnic. It was great! Lunch, pool games, swimming, little prizes, and we got to see some of our friends :) Did I mention that I love summer?
After that it was back home for naps, Joe took the cars for oil changes, and then to the beach we went to meet our friends the Hemmingways :) They've moved to a far, far away land...(Ok, just 45 minutes, but it seems like it's lightyears away). The kids had lots of fun building sand castles and swimming, and it was nice to spend time with our friends who we miss!
I love summer.
 |
| my amazing husband making sand castles with the kids. Best. Dad. Ever. |
 |
this is the sand village he made with Bella and Scarlett. Oh, and he posed them for this shot. I may have to make him my official photography assistant. He's getting good at it!
|
 |
| David, Grayson, and Andrew digging a DEEP hole! Maybe to China...Andrew is drawn to China... |
No comments:
Post a Comment