 |
| David waiting for his turn. |
 |
| "Cutie" getting ready to go in! |
 |
| So the doc pulled more than just the tonsils/adenoids. He also pulled a loose tooth! Bonus, the tooth fairy came at the Surgery Center and home! |
 |
| David's awesome recovery nurse did this with his mask so he could take it home. He woke up and saw his doggie with the mask on :) |
 |
| Video games! |
 |
| Tent in the yard :) |
 |
| All 5 of us ate lunch in the tent last weekend :) |
 |
| some harvesting to pass the time :) |
Last week David got to experience what has become for many, a rite of passage of childhood. The tonsillectomy. (eek.) He had been getting WAY too much strep and it was time to do something about it. In all honesty, it was past time and I should've listened to all the really smart nurses that I work with and scheduled it last summer, but five streps and a crazy immune system flare up later, it's finally done. He was such a trooper. We had it done at the surgery center where I work, and they were, as they always are, A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! David actually thought that part was a whole lot of fun. I work at the best surgery center ever. Seriously. It was later, when his local anesthetic wore off (a.k.a 2 am) that he no longer enjoyed the process. All in all, it went very well, and today is officially post op day 10 which is when the bleeding risk really goes away, and I couldn' t be more relieved! The last two weeks we've spent a lot of time at home (not like us)! We put up a tent in the backyard for a couple days, moved the playroom around to make video games more accessible :) watched a ton of movies and the kids have had innumerable slurpees (we couldn't just give them to David). Hopefully on to better things now, and a healthy school year!!
No comments:
Post a Comment