Before I write this, I should say that the title is misleading . Today was Bella's first dance class, but she has been dancing since she could walk. Seriously. She dances everywhere. Especially at church. In fact, before she understood all of what goes on at church, she would get so excited in the parking lot, and ask (every week),"Can I dance?! " "Is I'm going to dance now?" There's not a lot of dancing at our church and it was weird for me at first, but I've come to get over it. No one minds. She is just a free spirit, and I think it is born in her, so we will embrace it! We decided then that we would sign her up for class when she was three. We knew she would LOVE it!
SO...today was the first ballet class! I intended to sign her up at a studio right near our house, which started next week, but after thinking about it lots decided to use a bigger place that would have a recital this year. I'm sure I will think that was a crazy choice at some point not to far from now...but at least the decision is made :) The catch is that the class for the studio I chose started TODAY! So Bella and I spent the day getting ready for ballet, signing up for ballet, and anticipating...ballet. It was so sweet. I have never ever seen her happier. When we left the studio (the first time) after registering, she said, "Mommy, did I do everything I was suppposed to now?" (We had already been shopping, etc.) and I replied, "Yes!" and she says, " I am so happy! I am happy a million!" My heart melted! So we picked up the boys and raced over and she kept saying, "I am so excited!" She could barely wait for class to begin. When it finally did, I think they could've turned off all the lights and her little face would'e lit the whole room :) When class was over she cried. She wanted to stay. And so it begins...life with a little dancer. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment