So, we were on a date, and walked past the pet store, and there was this doggie in the window. He was so sweet, and sleeping, and on sale! And I wanted him! Actually I really think he is the same doggie I played with there in December! Well, he was still 500.00, and Joe said (correctly) that we agreed to sleep on decisions that were that expensive. So we did, and the next morning (Sunday) I told Joe I had dreamt of that little puppy, but that I didn't think we should spend the money on it. Later that day he said he had to run out to pick up some boots for work. He was gone forever! He called me on his way home, and I asked him if he got his boots. "Nope." "What?! You've been gone two hours almost. How could you not have gotten your boots, honey?" "Well, it was the boots or this furry thing sitting next to me in the truck" "You bought him?!?! Oh my goodness, I'm going to feed the kids now. They're going to freak out for the rest of the evening and not want to eat!" That's what the conversation went like :)
When Joe got home, he brought in a bag of puppy food and put it on the counter across from our three kiddos. "I brought you guys a surprise," he said. "What is it?" "Dog food!" "Daddy! We don't eat dog food!" "Well, you can eat it or you can feed it to this.." and he unzips his jacket to reveal a five month old shi Tzhu puppy...my doggie in the window :) Well, from there it was just utter pandamonium! We have really been enjoying George Washington, and I'm happy to say that we've had him two weeks now and he's all housebroken and working on "Sit". Hooray!!!
Posted by Angie at 10:41 PM
 |
| Our new puppy!! |
 |
George Washington...given his name by David, who just finished learning about the presidents in Kindergarten :)
|
No comments:
Post a Comment