Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Little Ninjas Belt Test



Shaun giving the boys a pep talk before the test.





All the boys are tired by now, Andrew especially

All done! David had to pose just the way Shaun did in his photo on the wall.

I love this face!!


Add caption

Yay!!!

The boys have been taking karate lessons for well, almost a year now I guess.  Recently they became eligible for belt promotion for the first time.  There was a whole list of things they were going to be tested on, and they even had to attend a pretesting class to help prepare.  We were very proud of them.  The test was       L  O  N  G ...about 45 minutes!  They did great, though, and were both promoted.  So were A.J. and Grayson, the other two boys from their class who tested with them!  Andrew did get very tired during the test, and at one point it was so evident to me that he was mentally just not even present anymore.  Afterwards, Joe and I were talking to him about staying focused and  I asked him what was he thinking about during his test.  He replied, very matter-of-factly, "Cyclops!"  When I told him that it was important that he focus his mind on what he was doing, he said, "Mommy, I tried, but all these superheroes were flying around in my head!"  My little guy is definitely all boy, and a very funny four-year-old one, at that! Hilarious!  Good job boys!!

No comments:

Post a Comment