Thursday, September 15, 2011

Reading Lesson 50!!!!

My emerging scholar :)

New books!!

We bought a couple for Andy too...he's only on the third lesson, but we couldn't leave him out. He can't wait to earn five books like his big brother!
David has been working very hard learning to read.  It has not come super easily to him, and I have been learning a lot about his personality and learning style and such, but he is really making great progress.  We've been working in the book, "Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons."  It has been slow, as we don't do lessons on the evenings I work or weekends, and definitely as we've gotten past 40 the lessons are no longer exactly "easy", but it is working and I do reccommend it.  To encourage my little guy, I told him that when he got to Lesson 50 we would go to the bookstore and he could pick out five new books.  Today was the day!  Honestly, it was his best lesson yet! He read the whole passage without really needing to stop to sound things out, and was very confident and relaxed! Maybe just seeing the number 50 encouraged him?!  Whatever it was, I hope to help it repeat for the next lesson, because after he read the story (which was a funny tale about a goat that ate his coat and then was sad because he was cold!) he ran around the house singing, "I can read!"  I am so proud of him for working hard and practicing having a good attitude!

No comments:

Post a Comment